Transition to Management
Gain the foundation for a new career!
Your former peers are now your direct reports. Do you know how to adopt the mindset of a manager, let go of your previous role and get work done through others? Can you communicate your priorities to your team? Or set mutual goals so you can increase productivity?
This basic management course provides you with easy-to-apply tools needed to make a successful transition into your new role. In just two days you will master the practical basic management know-how—and gain the confidence you want—to plan, organise, coach, motivate, delegate, and communicate in order to be an effective new manager.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand your new managerial responsibilities—and make a quick, effective transition to your new role
- Establish credibility and effective work styles
- Build alliances with peer managers
- Master the basic management concepts of coaching, communication, motivation, delegation, and performance management
- Practice your listening and feedback skills
- Become an effective member of the management team
What You Will Cover
- Adopting a new manager mindset
- Knowing the expectations of your boss, subordinates, peers, and clients
- Understanding the business, yourself, and others
- Building effective relationships
- Motivating your team
- Identifying communication approaches to flex with different styles and situations
- Using a structured approach to plan and organise work
- Getting an overview of delegation techniques, knowledge, and attitude
- Applying methods for setting priorities
Who Should Attend
Newly appointed or prospective managers with less than one year of management experience who are interested in mastering basic management skills.